Board of Directors
October 2022 and Chair from January 2023
Helen has extensive financial and listed company experience, having been the former CFO of Marks & Spencer and previously held positions as Group Finance Director at John Lewis Partnership and Lloyds Banking Group, where she was also CEO of the retail bank.
Helen also enjoyed successful and varied roles in leading businesses such as Kingfisher, B&Q and McKinsey and Co.
A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, Helen was awarded a CBE for services to Finance in the 2008 honours list. Having previously served as a Non-Executive Director of Just Eat PLC, SABMiller PLC, Royal Mail Holdings PLC and Greencore Group PLC, Helen currently holds a number of other Non-Executive Director roles
Key strengths in support of the Company’s strategy:
- Provides effective leadership of the Board in its robust review and careful monitoring of the delivery of the Company’s strategy and management of risk
- Promotes strong corporate governance, including by promoting the Board’s understanding of stakeholders’ views, aiding its assessment of whether the Company is achieving the six desired stakeholder outcomes of the Evolve strategy
- Contributes extensive executive and non-executive experience in supporting and challenging executive management in their delivery of the Company’s Evolve strategy
- Provides added strength to oversight of the Company’s financial reporting, risk management and controls, mitigating risks to the delivery of the Company’s strategy
- Utilises her technology expertise to support the Company in the digital enablement of the five customer propositions on which the Evolve strategy is built
Current external appointments:
- Supervisory Board Member, Koninklijke Ahold Delhaize N.V.
- Senior Independent Director, Superdry PLC